Learn iPhone Game Development
If you are coming from a background in another language, or it is your first programming, getting started with game development for iOS devices can be daunting.
Whether your desire is simply learning the basics of mobile game development or making your own dream game, we’ve built a comprehensive starter kit to take you all the way to the finish line.
What You Get
- Complete source code to a published iPhone checkers game called Monster Checkers
- A concise, 100+ page ebook that teaches you Xcode, Objective C, Cocos2D and how the source code works
- Detailed Doxygen-generated class reference on every object used to write Monster Checkers
- A bonus zip package full of thousands of royalty-free characters, sprites, buildings, other images and sound effects
- An Xcode template project that you can use to quickly start your own game
Familiar With The iPhone SDK and Xcode
The first thing you’ll gain familiarity with is the iOS Software Development Kit (SDK). It’s a few gigs of frameworks, application programming interfaces (APIs), developer tools, sample projects and documentation. It really, really helps to know where to begin!
We’ll learn how to navigate the SDK and get your game to fly with the Xcode Integrated Development Environment (IDE). You’ll understand Xcode and be running your games with complete confidence in no time.